Monday, August 13, 2012

Project Preview



A couple of panels and detail shots from a pitch I put together recently with Neil Kleid. I'm trying to work on a lot of deficiencies in my art right now, and one of those is perspective and man-made structures. At the time, it seemed really smart to draw a semi-medieval city about an inch high. Of course then I actually had to render and ink the damn thing, and I felt very foolish indeed. I think it came out passably. The other two bits are probably my favorite panels from the pitch.

2 comments:

Ben Winfield said...

Looking great Jake. I'm currently working on my own comic with my brother, and your work is inspiring.

Jake Ekiss said...

Thanks, Ben! Glad you like the stuff. Good luck on your comic with your brother. It's some hard work, but definitely worth it.